About Me

About me-Set to future

By Zane-I want it all Emulation/Queen

Standalone son on an empty plain

Just a forward thinker,right on his beat

a young man bleeding,with no time for blood

With the pain and hardship hoping for a way out

It ain’t much i’m hoping,I here me say

lookin’ to the future, help me on my way

set to future, set to future, set to future, and I am ready now

Listen all you doubters,Come show me around

I Gotta get me along story, Gotta blow you to the crowd

Just show me, what I want to know

doubters do you see me, just give me the time

It ain’t much i’m hoping ,if you want the proof

Dreams of the future, for the start of the new

I’m a man with a open mind

so much to fell for a whole lifetime

Not a man for the afterlife

and here’s and how’s and stayin’ alive

So i’m pushin’ it all

and i’m breaking it all

And am set to

future

future

future

Creative writing is a class a few years ago I never thought of taking but as I got older I realized that I have to make a change and I thought that creative writing would be a good start This is why I named my blog

“no longer lacuna”.The meaning of no longer lacuna is no longer empty of unfulfilled which I thought was fitting because there was a academic aspect that was missing in my life sitting right in front

The meaning of my name is “grace of god” in arabic this was not the intention of my parents when they named me because nowadays they would say that ” that is the farthest from true”.But if my parents could make up a meaning for all of their children’s names it would be “Grace of god” because my mother and father loved us so much with all their heart.My mother used to say that she believed in love at first site because she is a mother”.

3 thoughts on “About Me

• Posted on March 7, 2020 at 04:18

Dear Zane,

I really appreciate your choice in writing about me in the form of a poem; I believe that through your poem you were able to show off your creative side as well as explaining the hardships you have faced. I feel like your piece reveals that you are a very persistent person; A person who even through the chaos of life, manages to grow from the experiences and continue forward. I really admire that about you and relate to you that way as a person who has also been through many adversities.

There were a few lines within your poem that were confusing to me while reading it; one of them is,”I Gotta get me along story, Gotta blow you to the crowded.” I’m not really sure what you meant by this line; I was thinking perhaps you added it to make some part of the poem purposely confusing as sort of a metaphor for life or relating to a crazy world in the name of your blog. If I got it wrong please correct me. I also believe that the sentences at the end felt rushed and just thrown in; though, they are insightful.

In total though I really enjoyed reading you poem; it was intriguing to see how you expressed your life through this piece as well as connect with the reader on a more personal level. Other than maybe spending more time in editing your piece and making it feel coherent, it was a very good read; good job.

Sincerely, Ryleigh

Reply
    • Posted on March 9, 2020 at 18:53

Dear Ryleigh,

Thank you so much for the praise and helpful curtices on my writing for the line “I gotta get me along story, Gotta blow you to the crowded”I did misspell crowed what it meant to say was because of my long story that I was building it would blow the previously mentioned “doubters” away, sorry for that mistake.

Sincerely, Zane

Reply
  • Posted on March 10, 2020 at 14:56

Dear Zane,

Your work has blown my mind; I am so glad that I ran into your blog because I think it has the potential to be amazing. Your poems flow felt smooth and had some hard-hitting lines reeled me in and kept me there. Like, “a young man bleeding, with no time for blood.”; what an impactful statement!

Your poems introspective and hopeful, and I love what you have done with it! By reading your work, I get the sense that you are a buoyant person; someone who is lighthearted, cheerful, and isn’t one who dwells on the negative too much. Your writing and point of view is refreshing and gives off a sense of relief from the weight of the world.

Some things I’d look out for the future is making sure you quickly go through your poem a couple of times just to make sure that everything is ship-shape. There was one line in your poem, (“so much to fell for a whole lifetime.”) that I didn’t quite understand; I think you meant fill instead of fell.

Aside from all that, your work is inspiring, and I will make sure that I keep up with your blog to see what amazing stuff comes next!

your awkwardly amusing classmate,

Michael

Reply